These oatmeal banana muffins are filled with natural goodness of oatmeal and bananas, giving out a heap of taste along with health. It is flavored with allspice and sweetened with brown sugar. These oatmeal banana muffins can never go out of taste.
- ¼ cup butter or margarine softened 50 ml
- ¾ cups packed brown sugar 175 ml
- 1 egg beaten
- 1 cup buttermilk 250 ml
- 1 cup all-purpose flour 250 ml
- 1 tablespoon baking powder 15 ml
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ½ teaspoon ground all spice
- Medium banana chopped
- In a bowl cream together butter and brown sugar, mix in egg and buttermilk in another bowl, combine oats, flour, baking powder, salt and allspice and mix well for about 1 minute or so until it gets soft. Add to the creamed mixture and stir in the banana.
- Use Ramekins or microwave muffin pan, paper-lined and spoon batter into muffin pan, filling cups one-half to two-thirds full, (if using ramekins, arrange in microwave in a circle) microwave on high for about 2 minutes, rotating after 1 minute.
- To see if the muffins are done insert a toothpick in the center until it should come out clean and dry. Let muffins stand for 3 to 5 minutes before removing from pan