Sometimes we get bored making the old kind of muffin recipes again and again. So to give a new dimension to this recipe we can try banana muffins with different flavor added to them.
This recipe is extremely easy and great tasting and even anybody can make who doesn’t know cooking. These banana muffins are light and fluffy; they are great for breakfast with a nice fruit smoothie or as an afternoon snack with a cup of tea.
They are great eaten both hot and stored for many days. Banana muffins recipe is not only nutritious but also be given to kids after school. So we can make this recipe with the over ripe, brown, soft bananas, instead of throwing them.
Cook time: 25 minutes.
- 4 large mashed bananas
- 200g plain flour
- 1 cup caster sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 egg
- 1 cup butter melted
- 1 tablespoon vanilla essence
- 1 cup of double cream
- 1 cup of cut banana pieces ( for decoration)
- Half cups of raisins.
- Preheat the over to 350°C and place a standard muffin tray with 12 cups. By the time we prepare the batter for muffins it will be hot.
- Mash three bananas well with a spoon or mixer can be used for mashing the bananas. Slice one whole banana and keep it aside for topping . Add melted butter into a medium sized bowl beat the egg and mix them together by hand blender. Sieve together, all the dry ingredients including flour, baking powder, baking soda, sugar and salt.
- Mix them thoroughly. Now add the mashed banana, double cream, whole table spoon of vanilla essence. Mix it for one minute more, so that all the ingredients can combine well until a smooth batter is formed .Set the batter aside. Now wrap the muffin tin or try with butter paper line. Fill the muffin tin with a spoon full of batter and pour evenly into it. Bake in preheated oven for 20 minutes. Now use a testing knife to check the bake until the tester knife comes out clear.
- Take out the baking tray at this stage .Put a banana slices on the top of each muffin. Keep it for five more minutes till a nice brown colour appears. Banana on the top will also turn into a nice caramelized brown. Banana muffins are now ready. We can store them for couple of days.