This chicken recipe gets its flavor from mint leaves and coriander leaves. Whole garam masalas are used in this dish. It is completely dry and can be taken as a side dish with any other chicken curry.
Cooking time: 30 min
- 500 gms chicken
- 1 bunch mint leaves
- ½ bunch fresh coriander
- 3 cloves
- 1-inch cinnamon
- 2 tsp ginger garlic paste
- 2 tsp pepper powder
- 2 green chilies
- 1 large onion
- Few curry leaves
- 1 tsp coriander powder
- ½ cup beaten curd
- ½ tsp turmeric powder
- 2 tbsp refined oil
- Salt to taste
- Clean the chicken and set aside.
- Marinate the chicken with curd, turmeric and salt. Refrigerate for ½ an hour.
- Grind together mint leaves, fresh coriander and curry leaves to a fine paste.
- Heat oil in a non-stick pan and sauté cloves and cinnamon for few seconds. Then fry chopped onion till golden brown. Stir in ginger garlic paste, slit green chilies and fry for 2-3 minutes. Fry the mint-coriander paste till oil oozes out and raw smell disappears.
- Put the marinated chicken and cook till the chicken is half done closing the lid, stirring frequently.
- Sprinkle coriander powder and pepper powder. Mix well. Close the lid and cook till the chicken is completely done and chicken absorbs all the water (It should be completely dry).
‘Chicken Mint Roast’ is now ready. Serve as a side dish.